In order to obtain a handicap permit from the Town of Geddes Clerk’s office, you must be a resident of this Town.

Disabled Parking permits are issued under the authority of the New York State Department of Motor vehicles.  To obtain one, an application form must be completely filled out by the applicant’s medical doctor (MD), nurse practitioner (NP), doctor of osteopathy (DO) or a doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM) and appropriately describe the reasons for the mobility problem necessitating the permit be issued.  The application must have the doctor’s original signature (signatures of physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, or others are NOT allowed by the DMV).

When properly completed, the application must be presented at the Town Clerk’s Office along with the applicant’s driver license or non-driver ID card (if applicable).  Applicants may authorize a third party to present this information and obtain a permit on their behalf.

Click here to download the DMV application for Disabled Parking