2021 Summer Playground Program – UPDATED!
August 9 @ 10:00 AM - August 13 @ 3:00 PM EDT
SUMMER PLAYGROUND PROGRAM
Youths ages 6 to 13
Application necessary – Pre–registration Only – NO Walk-Ins
(Call the Recreation Department at (315) 487-8238, Mon.-Fri., 9:00am to 4:30pm.)
Due to COVID guidelines and protocol, the Town of Geddes has had to make changes to our Summer Playground Program. We are offering week long pre-registered sessions that allow children to safely participate in a variety of activities. There will not be a “come and go” open program at our park locations as in the past.
*This program will be offered at two locations: the Solvay-Geddes Community Youth Center and the John Carno Recreation Center. Due to construction and COVID protocol at Westhill Schools, we are unable to offer a program in the Westvale area this year.
* With safety as our first priority, pre-registration is necessary (no walk-ins) and an application is necessary. There will be a limited number of participants for each week long session, each location.
* There will be 6 individual week long sessions, which you may register your child(ren) for one or all.
* The cost is $30 per child, per week for Geddes residents. Multiple children per household discount is $25 per child, per week. Non-residents will be placed on waiting list, and will be charged an additional $10 per child, per week, if admitted to program. Proof of residency will be required.
* A parent or guardian must sign in and sign out the child daily and complete the health screening paperwork.
* All participants must stay at the program from 10:00am to 3:00pm, unless a parent pre-arranges any changes with the employees.
* All participants MUST BE PICKED UP BY 3:00PM or a late fee will be charged.
* Snacks or lunches may be brought by participants, but not shared. Participants must bring their own filled water bottles, as no water fountains will be available (per Onondaga County COVID protocol). The Town is not responsible for and will not have available snacks, lunches or water bottles.
Week 1: Tuesday, July 6 to Friday, July 9 10:00am to 3:00pm
Week 2: Monday, July 12 to Friday, July 16 10:00am to 3:00pm
Week 3: Monday, July 19 to Friday, July 23 10:00am to 3:00pm
Week 4: Monday, July 26 to Friday, July 30 10:00am to 3:00pm
Week 5: Monday, Aug. 2 to Friday, Aug. 6 10:00am to 3:00pm
Week 6: Monday, Aug. 9 to Friday, Aug. 13 10:00am to 3:00pm
*Remember there is limited availability at each location, and no refunds will be made after the program has begun.
For an application to register, please call the Recreation Department at (315) 487-8238, Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm. Please leave a message if necessary.