Waste Management is the recyclable pick-up for the Town.
If you have any questions please call:
457-5838 ext. 302
Your recyclables will be picked up on the same day as your garbage. Please have your recycling bin out by 7:00 A.M. on your designated day.
Do’s and Don’ts of Recycling
The following items CANNONT be recycled:
- Egg cartons
- Paper with crayon writing on it
- Paper clips
- Silver and gold trimmed cards
- Metallic paper
- Non-paper envelops
- Carbon paper
- Paper plates
- Paper towels
- Foil wrapping paper
- Plastic grocery bags
- Frozen food pr meat trays
- Six-pack holders and rings
- All polystyrene (Styrofoam)
- Paint cans (including spray paint cans)
- Scrap metal
- Light bulbs
- Dishes and drinking glasses
- Window glass
- Auto glass
- Foiled-lined containers
- Individual drink boxes and pouches
- Any plastic container other than a bottle, regardless of symbol on bottom (including margarine, yogurt, whipped topping and baby wipes tubes).
- Any plastic bottle with no symbol or with any symbol other than a “1” or “2”.
The items listed below CAN be recycled:
- Corrugated Cardboard (grooved cardboard commonly used for packing boxes)
- How to prepare cardboard: cut and flatten into pieces no larger than 3 feet. Tie into bundles of reasonable weight and place under or next to blue bins
- Pizza boxes
- How to prepare boxes: remove all food, paper, plastic, and foil and flatten.
- Paperboard (cereal and other food boxes, tissue and gift boxes, paper towel rolls, mailing tubes)
- How to prepare: place all items in brown paper grocery bag, along with newspapers and magazines. Place next to blue bin.
- Paper (discarded mail, office paper, computer paper, most school paper, greeting card envelopes (all types), most wrapping paper, carbon-less multi-part forms (NCR papers), Newspapers, all magazines and catalogs, paper grocery and lunch bags
- How to prepare: place all items in brown paper bag (not plastic). Place next to blue bin.
- Bottles (must have one of the symbols of “1” or “2” in a triangle on the bottom)
- How to prepare: rinse bottles, discard garbage. No need to remove labels. Flatten if possible and place in blue bin.
- Glass (clear and colored glass, food and beverage bottles)
- How to prepare: rinse bottles, discard caps. No need to remove labels. Place in blue bin.
- Milk and Juice Containers
- How to prepare: rinse and then flatten if possible. Place in blue bin.
- Food cans and lids
- Empty aerosol cans
- aluminum foil
- aluminum baking tins