Town of Geddes
Annual Organizational Meeting
January 4, 2010 5:00 PM
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
WELCOME by Supervisor Emanuele Falcone
RESOLUTIONS: Effective – January 4, 2010
- Appoint Paul Valenti to vacant Town Councilor position.
- Adopt the Rules for Conducting a Town Board Meeting in the Town of Geddes
- Regular meetings of the Town of Geddes Town Board for the year of 2010, shall be held on the second (2nd) Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall at, 1000 Woods Road, Solvay, or other locations within the Town that are approved by the Town Board.
- Regular meetings of the Zoning Board of Appeals shall be held on the second (2nd) Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall at, 1000 Woods Road, Solvay.
- Regular meetings of the Planning Board shall meet on the last Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall at, 1000 Woods Road, Solvay.
- Appoint the law firm, Costello, Cooney & Fearon to serve at the pleasure of the Town Board, to provide legal services to the Town at an agreed upon annual rate of $55,800.00 for “routine” legal matters, with attendance at Town Board Meetings. Additional legal services, as per agreement, to be provided at an hourly rate of $165/ hour.
- Appoint W-M Engineers, P.E., to provide engineering services for the Town and to serve at the pleasure of the Town Board.
- Appoint Greg Maxwell, Comptroller and Accounting Officer, with term to office to end on December 31, 2011.
- Appoint Mark Kulak to full time Dog Control Officer.
- Appoint James Battaglia to year-round, part-time Dog Control Officer.
- Appoint Peter Albrigo as Fire Marshall.
- Appoint Linda Casertano to Secretary to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Appoint Virginia Amato to Secretary to the Planning Board.
- Authorize the re-appointment of Charles Detor to the Planning Board for a term of seven years, to expire on December 31, 2016.
- Approve the wages and salaries for the year 2010 as per the wage schedule.
- Appoint Haylor, Freyer and Coon, Inc. as insurance agent for the Town and approve the property, casualty and liability insurance as submitted. Establish Blanket Bond Coverage for all Town Employees in the amount of $500,000.00 per loss.
- Approve the continuance of the system of bi-weekly pay periods for the Town Employees and Elected Officials as per attached schedule.
- Designate the Post-Standard and the Solvay-Geddes Express as official newspapers for the Town of Geddes.
- Approve rate as established by the IRS for per-mile fee reimbursement to Town Officials for use of personal vehicles on official Town business
- Designate Solvay Bank as the Depository for Town of Geddes funds.
- Authorize the Supervisor to pay “Association of Towns” dues in the amount of $1350.00.
- Authorize Department Heads and their Designees to attend monthly association meetings with reimbursement of cost (not to exceed $30.00 per meeting).
- Authorize the Deputy Supervisor to sign checks in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Authorize the use of a facsimile signature of the Town supervisor for signing checks.
- Authorize the attached procurement policy for the year 2010.
- Authorize Koagel and Vincentini, CPA’s to perform an audit of Town Accounts and the books of the Town Clerk, Receiver of Taxes and Justice Court.
- Authorize change fund for the Town Clerk, not to exceed $200.00; the Receiver of Taxes, not to exceed $1,000.00; and the Justice Court, not to exceed $50.00.
- Authorize Supervisor to approve Department Heads attendance at training conferences and seminars, provided funds are available in the budgeted line for the year 2010.
- Authorize Supervisor to approve all memberships requested by Department Heads, provided funds are available in the budgeted line for 2010.
APPOINTMENTS: (not needing board resolution)
- That the Town Clerk shall appoint Linda Casertano as full-time Deputy Clerk and Marie McCarthy as part-time Deputy Clerk.
- That the Receiver of Taxes shall appoint Carole Mecca as Deputy Receiver of Taxes.
- That the Highway Superintendent shall appoint Susan Smith as Highway Secretary.
- That the Highway Superintendent shall appoint Ron Chester as Deputy Highway Superintendent.
- That the Town Supervisor shall appoint Susan Pope Millet as Town Historian.
- That the Town Supervisor shall appoint Nina Lenweaver as his Secretary.
- That the Town Supervisor shall appoint Greg Maxwell as Town Budget Officer.
- That the Town Supervisor shall appoint Christopher Ryan as Deputy Supervisor.
- That the Town Supervisor shall appoint the following Standing Committees as per attachment.